“Grey Space” is a new, experimental initiative of M1 Contact Contemporary Dance Festival: 8 Asian artists and 1 European, our Annamaria Ajmone, gathered online to share their practices and to explore ideas with one another, highlighting the fractured facets of modern living.
The five days of video meetings were facilitated by Anthea Seah, Singapore, and ended up with a discussion on the topics of “coat-shifting”, identity and the interspace of being in this globalised world.
Next step of the project: a real life residency in 2022 for the 9 artists, supported by the a network of festivals and projects interested in future co-production.
Artists and partners:
- Reisa Shimojima (Japan) – Odoru Akita International Dance Festival
- KT Yau (Hong Kong) – Hong Kong Dance Exchange (H.D.X)
- Tracy Wong (Macau) – Contemporary Dance Exchange (CDE) Springboard
- Annamaria Ajmone (Italy) – Crossing the Sea
- Moh Hariyanto (Indonesia) – Indonesian Dance Festival
- Pakhamon Much Hemachandra (Thailand) – Bangkok International Performing Arts Meeting (BIPAM)
- Nguyen Chung (Vietnam) – Arabesque Dance Company
- Billy Keohavong (Australia/Laos) – Form Dance Projects, Sydney, Australia
- Zunnur Zhafirah (Singapore/Australia) – M1 CONTACT Contemporary Dance Festival / Perth Festival
Photo: Crispian Chan | Design: Zelda Chua